Project Manager – Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay
Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay has built fifty-seven affordable homes in the Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
We are seeking a Project Manager, who has been building residential homes, but is now looking to slow down or find a way to give back to the community.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of new construction as well as rehabilitation of residential units, from pre-planning through the final completion of punch list items.
The Project Manager will work primarily at site and supervise the staff, volunteers, and sub-contractors during the construction process.
In addition, the Project Manager will also act as the Chairman of the Construction Committee for Habitat for Humanity Monterey Bay.
This is a paid position.
Location: Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties
1. Develop written materials list and construction schedule.
2. Identify volunteer requirements and needs, working in close coordination with Volunteer Coordinator.
1. Direct and train skilled and unskilled volunteers.
2. Manage and mentor the construction staff.
3. Direct and monitor subcontractors.
4. Manage construction schedule, update as needed.
5. Work with Volunteer Coordinator to manage scheduling of volunteers and skill needs.
6. Work with Operations Director to track all costs (including gifts in kind and donated materials).
1. Manage contracts with subcontractors and ensure timely and accurate completion.
2. Order inspections, ensure that houses are built to code and to approved plans.
3. Use in-kind material and labor when possible.
4. Provide updates regarding project status and estimated completion dates.
5. Responsible for projects until 100% complete and sold to homeowner.
6. Place a high priority on worksite safety: Adhere to HFHSCC Safety Policy and ensure that no volunteer begins work prior to signing in and receiving a safety briefing appropriate to the tasks they will be performing.
Materials and Labor Procurement
1. Ensure timely clear communication with contractors and vendors. Develop working relationships.
2. Responsible for ordering correct quantity and having materials delivered on time.
3. Oversee tool/equipment inventory, management and repairs and ensures that materials are returned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Current California Contractors License
- Commitment to Habitat for Humanity ideals and philosophy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough, demonstrated knowledge of residential construction.
- Computer literacy, proficiency in computer management software desirable.
- Ten+ years of related experience.
- Absolute commitment to job safety.
- Ability to work with people of all races, faiths and backgrounds.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability.
Email: use the contact form on this website